CPMA members labelling at a case level can access the newly released Labelling Guidance for Shipping and Master Containers of Fresh Produce in the Canadian Marketplace document available by logging into myCPMA.
CPMA members can access the Label Review Service by logging in to myCPMA your members-only zone.
Use of the Label Review Service can only be initiated by CPMA members and is not transferable. CPMA members are entitled to use the Label Review Service free of charge twice per membership year. Additional reviews can be performed at a per label cost of
$250 CDN + applicable taxes.
Points for consideration prior to request for label review
- The CPMA Label Review Service does not include translation services. Translation of all labels is the responsibility of the label owner.
- If your business uses a different trading name for a subsidiary, division, etc. other than that of the registered active or associate member of CPMA, the subsidiary, division, etc. requires their own active or associate membership to utilize the label review service for its labels.
- The label and package review provided by CPMA is not an approval process as only the Canadian government, through the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, has the authority in that matter.
- Please allow sufficient time for the CPMA to complete the label review. Although we make every effort under normal business circumstances to complete this process within 10-15 business days, review of some labels may be complicated by the inclusion of marketing statements, health or nutrient content claims, logos or statements that may require assistance from government regulatory departments to ensure compliance to Canadian policy and regulations. This process may take up to 30 business days. Companies should not wait until just prior to product shipment to submit the label for review.
- Please refer to our Labelling Checklist for assistance when developing labels for your fresh fruit and vegetable products for the Canadian marketplace.
- We encourage members to provide this information to their staff and vendors to assist them when communicating with business partners relative to developing compliant labels and the “Label Review Service” offered to CPMA members.
Join CPMA today to access this service, and more.